Tuesday, December 29, 2015

December Musings and Art Homework

Hhmm, December is almost over and I see that I did not post anything this month.  I realize that is a bit unusual for me considering that since I started blogging in January 2011 I have made 15-20 posts per month for most of that time.

In 2014-2015 I gradually let go of all my design team commitments and focused on my work, family, and learning more about drawing and art in general.  I also teamed up with a wonderful group of Certified Zentangle Teachers (CZTs) on Vancouver Island and we put on a fabulaous weekend retreat for Zentangle enthusiasts. For those who are interested, we will be announcing the Tangle Island retreat plans for 2016 on January 17th.

If you have read my other posts about the online classes that I am taking then you already know about Jane Davenport and Joanne Sharpe.  You might be interest in Joanne's Artfully Inspired Life 2016 classes that will begin January 1st.

Here is my latest homework from Joanne's Whimiscal Lettering class:


Each one is made with a different font emphasizing something that I am grateful for.  Each of the fonts and techniques is taken from Joanne's book, The Art of Whimsical Lettering. I added my own doodles and drawings.

I listed the family members on the letters that came to mind when I made the family tag.

My sons names are printed on the slop of the letters.
 There is much more I am grateful for that isn't reflected in my font practice.  For this exercise I used pre-purchased tags, twinkling H2Os, gel pens, Tombow Dual Brush Pens, Sharpie pens, and Peerless watercolors.

Have a wonderful day!

3 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

Our blogging schedules do change over time and yes your posts are being missed Nancy...I used to love those beautiful scenic cards you would make with sooo much detailing. YOur zentagle creations are unique and beautiful but please dont stop sharing all your beautiful albums and cards too
Cheers
Dr Sonia

brenda said...

Super 'homework', colour and design Nancy.

In case I am not by again before, Happy New Year to you and yours.

B x

Dora said...

Great!! beautiful made.
all the best wishes.
kind regards, dora