Monday, November 2, 2015

Zentangle on My Mind

I've had Zentangle on my mind and in my art bag this last month.  I took my Micron pens and Zentangle tiles with me on vacation to California in October and had a great time tangling and drawing whatever my pen wanted to draw.  I have also been posting on my Facebook page without making a blog post (sorry!).

https://www.facebook.com/Crafting-Passions-210565732313545/

This post is a little catchup on what I have been drawing and doing since the Tangle Island Retreat in September.

This was an exercise in Inapod tangle and shading. I have found the greatest Fb page - https://www.facebook.com/groups/shadingzentangle/.  It is all about shading and Eni Oaken provides excellent feedback and encouragement for everything that we post.



Here is another sample showing the before and after shading. The tangle is Hamadox, a combination of Rick's Paradox and Hamail.


Here is one I just finished and posted last night with Verve, Abundies, Flux, Diva Dance and Printemps.


I have also been working with a little bit of color and working on stretching my drawing a bit.  I received a little Prima journal in a mystery box and have dedicated it to the Crazy Birds and what I might do with them.  In this case, I drew a tree around them and added the Tangle Poke Root for the leaves.  It is all colored with my new Irojiten colored pencils.


Lastly, I will show you a drawing I did to emphasize color shading in a class I am teaching at North Island College this month.  The tangle is simple (can't even remember the name), but I have used it to show using three pencil shades of one color - light, medium and dark, to work out the shading.




Well, I think that is enough catchup for today.  Hopefully, my next post will be about a scrapbook that I have been working on for Christmas/Winter snow family pictures.

Have a great day!
NancyD

3 comments:

brenda said...

A real quickie Nancy as I am having issues commenting on blogger, but wanted to say what a stunners there are.

B x

coldwaters2 said...

Wowzers Nancy these are exceptionally beautiful what amazing images and brilliant shading awesome work.
hugs
Lorraine x

Dora said...

wow...what beautiful creation/drawings!! stunning.
All of your work looks so beautiful.
perfect technique.