Friday, August 1, 2014

A Scrapbook Challenge Answered!

I work with my local scrapbook store a little bit and teach classes from time to time.  Diane, the owner of Scrapbook Central here in Courtenay BC handed me a plastic pouch put together by Maya Road, filled with all sorts of goodies and asked me to make up a class.  Well that was a challenge I could not refuse!

The packet included a Maya Road ring chipboard album (10 - 5x5 pages), kraft envelopes, lace, ribbon and lots of other trims, charms, clips, letter stickers, wood buttons and cutouts, and more.  The suggested album in the packet was nice, but I am not really a fan of the ring album.  After spending time playing with a few ideas I decided to use the new accordion binding by Kathy Orta.



This is a chunky book with plenty of space for pictures and all the lovely decorated pages.  There were three top loading envelopes and three that opened on the side.  I attached these envelopes with paper hinges to the bottom or side of a chipboard page.  I cut off the top of the vertical envelopes to make room for a tag insert.







I think this will be a fun class!  Come check out Scrapbook Central's website (or call 250-338-8815) and sign up today!

Date: September 13th
Time: 12:30 - 4 pm
Cost: $40.00 (not bad for a finished album and left-over goodies to take home)

See you in class!
NancyD

4 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Nancy I want to thank you for your lovely comment on my blog I really appreciate it. Nancy this is out of the world awesome, I love to see all the wonderful things that you have created there is so much detail and lots of gorgeous things that you have used I am in awe of your talent especially these albums, brilliant work.
hugs
lorraine x

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Nancy. Such a wonderful design, I love the colours and fantastic detailing.
Sue xx

Dr Sonia S V said...

Nancy such beautiful pages and wishing you all the best for your class
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Another gorgeous book Nancy, I love bright vibrant colours you've used on this one.

Sue xx