Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Sailing the Ocean Blue

I was looking around blogland for something different and found this great "bendi" card on Split Coast Stampers.

I used the Sailor Simon set from Digital Delights and Spellbinders Nautical Frame and Accents set to make my bendi card.  

  • I cut out my base pieces and then covered them with the nautical paper.
  • Next I cut the edges of the two front flaps with the Spellbinders wave edge die.
  • The rest was easy, just coloring and sticking the images them where I wanted them on the card.



 The two front flaps open up to display the inside of the card (this part was difficult to photograph).

right flap open

both flaps open



Card Recipe
Images: Digital Delights, Dreams, Summer of Smiles and Travel Sentiments, Sailor Simon Set, Postage Stamps
Paper: Whisper White, DDDesignes7 French My Sailor Boy paper
Markers/Ink: Copics, Distress Tea Dye
Embellishments: Spellbinders Nautical Frame and Accents, prima pearls



Challenges for this card:

Be sure and take a look at what the wonderful Design Team has come up with for your inspiration. And then hop over to the Delightful Challenges site and check out this weeks challenge.


Have a Great Day!

NancyD

13 comments:

Glenda Atkins said...

I think this is the first bendi card I have seen and boy is it a wowzer. Love everything you have done and it looks so complicated. Fab crafting my friend!
hugs
Glenda

Chrissy said...

WOW!! Fantastic scene Nancy...gorgeous card,I love it.

Thanks for sharing with us at Make it Monday..

Luv CHRISSYxx

brenda said...

This is a little bit different Nancy and so very seasonal.

Hope all is well with you, afraid what with hols and health not been about too much but wanted to say hello.

B x

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Nancy. I love the fun card design, cute images and fabulous detailing
Sue xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Wow what a card Nancy, it seems to go on forever, the way the front opens. I can see some yound lad loving that.

Sue x

Lisa Foster said...

Hi Nancy:)
This is the coolest card! I love the design! Love how you coordinated all the elements!
Hugs,
Lisa

Joey said...

Nancy this is so creative, I love the whole idea of this card. Joey xx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Fabulous bendi card Nancy I have never seen one before but its brilliant! Love your nautical elements! Susan x

Pia S said...

What a fun summery creation and a great design! Love this childish nautical feel of it, so cute!

coldwaters2 said...

What a fantastic card fold Nancy it looks great so do the embellishments, sailing theme and that cutie image a super, super card.
hugs
lorraine x

NanaConnie said...

Cute, cute, CUTE, Nancy! Thanks so much for playing along at The Crafter's Cafe this challenge and good luck.
NanaConnie DT

Unknown said...

What a great card absolutely love it. Thanks for joining us over at Creative Moments
Claire x

Doris T. said...

Great card!! Thanks for joining us at Crafting by Designs!
Doris :)