Friday, March 11, 2011

Making Cards Again

Hi everyone,

I have had a bit of a dry spell being away on holiday and then coming back to a mountain of work to catch up on.  Well, last night I couldn't take it anymore and made a couple of cards.

First, let me show you the Magnolia package that arrived when I got home.  I subscribed to the Magnolia stamp club late last year and have just received my second shipment. I can't wait to stamp these images and see how cute they are and make them up into cards.


The other piece of news is about a wonderful lady I met at the ceramic table in Cancun.  She is actually from Texas but living at least part time in Mexico.  One of the things she does is arrange weddings for Americans while in Mexico and she asked if I made wedding invitations.  Well ya'know any of us card makers can make wedding invitations.  Her next one has a seahorse theme so I made up a sample card, not as an invitation but just a card .....
I added Stampin Up's Crystal Effects to the bubbles, and
a little bit of gold Stickles to the sand.
You can see the sparkle on this picture a little better than the standing image.

The card base is Bazzil layered with Creative Imaginations designer paper.  I stamped the SU seahorse from a set I got back in 2003 (can't remember the name).  The other image is Great Impressions.  I stamped them both onto Velum paper and then Copic colored the back side of the velum.  It produces a subtle effect but still maintains the vibrancy of Copic markers.  The sentiment is from another SU set from 2001.

I entered this card into Penny's Paper-Crafting Challenge #48 and MelJens Designs #49.

Well, I need to get going.  There are challenges to enter and many more cards to make.

Have a great day!!



4 comments:

Hannah Clark said...

Very pretty card! I love the layout! Thanks for playing at Penny's!

Courtney said...

What a great card Nancy! Thanks so much for sharing with us this week at Penny's. Good Luck!!

Courtney~

Sheree said...

Such a beautiufl card! Love the sentiment too!

Candace said...

What a sweet card! Thanks for playing along with us at Meljen's Designs! :)